Saturday, September 26, 2009

Brooklyn-stoop sale-epiphany-serotonin?


Stoop sales will probably stop for a while, now that September is ending, and cold weather is creeping up. I passed a few great ones on the walk back from the gym. One in particular-with a certain out of print book that was propped up by a pair of salt and pepper shakers. I <3 this weekend already...

The illustrator of this book was the love of my mom's life in 1958. It is a treasure to me-even though it only cost me a dollar. (My enthusiasm was downplayed and under appreciated by the guy on the stoop who was selling his unwanted clutter)

Anyway...this set off some kind of romantic chemical in my brain. For the rest of the walk home, I daydreamed about really becoming a writer. I love daydreams like that-But now I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment